- Website Design
Gordon Marshall Garretson
- Tony Bland: Zen & Buddhism, Attitude of Mind
- Gordon Marshall Garretson: Home, Teaching Approach, Zazen Sessions, Getting Started
- Andrew Goetz: What Is Zen?, About Zazen, Posture, Kinhin, The Sangha, What Happens in a Sesshin?
- Elaine Konopka: Myth & Legend
- George Thurmond: Soto & Rinzai, Breathing, Contact Us, Credits & Links
- Bebe Wolfe: The Teacher, Schedule & Events
- New Orleans Zen Temple, established by Tony's master Robert Livingston-Roshi
- Association Zen International, established by Livingston-Roshi's master, Taisen Deshimaru
- Antaiji, temple of Kodo Sawaki and Kosho Uchiyama
- Sanshin Zen Community, established by Shohaku Okumura, disciple of Uchiyama
- Zen Road, established by Philippe Coupey, a disciple of Deshimaru's
- Daimanji, home temple of Kosen Nishyama, friend and adviser to the Starkville Zen Dojo
- American Zen Teachers Association
- Sweeping Zen, a digital archive of information about Zen Buddhism
For an introduction to the practice of Zen, see:
- Questions to a Zen Master, by Taisen Deshimaru (available through Amazon.com). An online version is available here. See also Deshimaru's The Way of True Zen, an edited version of his essential teaching, also available through Amazon.
- Opening the Hand of Thought, by Kosho Uchiyama. Written by a disciple of Kodo Sawaki, this book contains an excellent description of shikantaza Zen practice.
- Buddha Takes No Prisoners, by Patrick Ophuls. Although written by a practitioner of Insight Meditation, this is an excellent introduction to practice. See Tony's review here.
- The Zen Teaching of Homeless Kodo, edited with commentary by Kosho Uchiyama. Unfortunately, this little gem is out of print, but several of the chapters are available here.